Two rounds of data have been collected by UNLV for the seven Downtown Achieves Elementary Schools: Crestwood, Ruth Fyfe, Howard Hollingsworth, Robert E. Lake, John S. Park, Twin Lakes, and J.T. McWilliams. Surveys were distributed to Downtown Achieves school staff, parents, and the community at large. At the time of the round one data collection:
- Approximately 10% of people living in the DA community were unemployed.
- Approximately 30% of families earned less than $25,000/year with the median income being approximately $29,500.
- 90% of students attending DA elementary schools came from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, with approximately 50% of students being identified as English Language Learners.
- Four of the seven DA elementary schools were classified as two-star schools according to the Nevada School Performance Framework; the other three were three-star.
- Approximately 44% of elementary schools students in DA schools were not meeting grade-level reading standards; approximately 41% were not meeting grade level math standards.
Click link below to review the elementary data summaries.